Mid DevOps Engineer
Full Time • Permanent
What is Zesty?
Zesty is a multi-award winning European digital health company backed by a group of international VC funds, including Mangrove Capital, LBO France and Qualcomm Ventures. We offer a suite of patient facing digital tools to healthcare providers.
Our clients are hospitals, community providers and general practice surgeries. Our apps remove the friction from everyday health related tasks, like booking and managing appointments, reading letters digitally and sharing copies of electronic medical records.
Our vision is to fundamentally change the way hospitals and community providers communicate with their patients, whilst providing tools that empower patients to take more direct control of their care.
What's the job?
We are looking for a Mid DevOps Engineer to join our talented team. If you are looking to play an instrumental part in steering the future of our platform, at both the application and architectural levels, we can offer you that.
· We currently self-host on bare-metal infrastructure
· We deploy using Docker/ansible
· We have multiple test environments on Digital Ocean (very similar setup to UAT/PROD)
· Usual stack for Ruby applications: Linux/Postgres/memcache/Redis/HAProxy
· Also run a small but growing workload on AWS
We use: Rails 5/6, AWS, Postgres, Redis. The rest you can probably guess yourself.
What’s it like working at Zesty?
Developers at Zesty have a lot of autonomy. Once the high-level requirements are understood it is then up to us to implement functionality in the best way we can. We want a team of creative problem solvers, not robots.
All our work is subject to peer review via pull requests. We encourage everyone to review and comment on all pull requests. Once your work is accepted it will go through multiple testing and UAT environments before reaching production. We typically deploy to production on a weekly basis.
We have a bright and airy office in London Bridge very close to the train station. We have regular social events too.
What will you be working on?
· Taking ownership of our various environment configurations and infrastructure
· Managing environment security and scalability
· Improving and automating our deployment strategies
· Improving operational tooling to provide good visibility for activity across all environments
· Planning/executing future migration to AWS
Additionally, experience in some or all of the following would also be beneficial:
· Solid understanding of SSL / certificates / etc.
· Ability to liaise directly with our networking provider (Redcentric) for formal change control and specification of firewall rules
· Awareness of operating in a secure environment with sensitive clinical and personal medical data
· Understanding of raw TCP vs HTTP, port translation, NAT, testing IP connectivity etc.
How will we interview you?
We will have an initial introductory phone call to discuss both the role at Zesty and also what you're looking for. We may then proceed to a face-to-face interview in our offices which will include an on-site technical exercise. No homework or preparation is required. If time allows you will also meet one or two of the other developers on the team.
What does it pay?
We will offer a competitive salary depending on your experience. You'll get 25 days paid leave and we offer a competitive pension program and private healthcare.
What about remote working?
We are flexible when it comes to occasionally working from home, but this is an on-site job.
Please DO NOT apply unless you are in the UK and eligible to work here. We are unable to offer work permit assistance.